Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The manuscript file is blinded to facilitate double blind peer review
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- In case a clinical phtograph is used, every effort is made to conceal identity of the patient.
- Patient Consent form and IRB approval letters attached (where applicable)
- All the authors fulfil ICMJE criteria of authorship and approved final version of the manuscript. Signed Authorship Declaration form is attached.
- ICMJE Conflict of Interest form (available on icmje.org) is properly filled and attached (by principal investigator)
In this category, manuscripts on COVID-19 will be submitted. Since the data need to be published without any delay, therefore, all the submission in this category will be internally reviewed at the earliest and will be published (online) ahead of publication schedule. Any category of submission including Editorial, original article, short communications, guidelines etc. can be submitted in this category. As the data on COVID-19 is rapidly changing on daily basis, the Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery disclaim any harm that can happen due to use of information dispersed under this section. The readers are advised to re-check the information from other scholarly sources and peers before using such information for treating patients.
Original research papers are published under this category. Duplicate publications will not be published. Please see Instruction to Authors for details. Every manuscript submitted under this category will be peer reviewed.
Please see Instructions to Authors
In this section, the authors can submit a previously published (in any journal) Original Article/Systematic Review/Meta-analysis/Narrative Review, with a substantial addition of data. The basic purpose is to publish an updated data on the same subject which can help scientific fraternity to draw valid inferences based on recent data. This will also enhance a citable life of a research. The basic structure of these manuscripts coincides with format of original category of submission. Following conditions must be fulfilled to submit manuscript in this category, as under;
- The article, on which update is being written, has been published at least 5 years earlier.
- Significant addition/change of data (>40%) has occurred over this period that might change statistics/inferences of the previously published data.
- IRB approval for the new publication has been taken separately.
- Proper reference to previously published article has been cited in introduction/methods.
- The manuscript does not come under auto/self-plagiarism. Please read this link for more information on auto/self-plagiarism.
- Text recycling is avoided by writing it in new context with literature search of recent literature.
- The Abstract has stated about update of previously published article in the Background part.
- No previously published same Figures/Tables/Flowcharts etc. is reproduced unless there is a clear need and the authors have taken proper permission from the previous publisher/editor.
- Authors have discussed the changes in the current data and their impact on previously drawn inferences.
- Approval letter from all the authors of previously published article must be submitted (New authors can be added as per ICMJE authorship criteria).
Narrative Review will be published under this category after peer review. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details.
Evidence Based Report
Case series of 4-9 cases will be published under this category after peer review. Case series of more than 9 cases can be submitted as an Original Article. The abstract should have subheadings as Background, Results/Findings, and Conclusions. The main body text should have following headings; Introduction, Methods (brief), Results, Discussion, and Conclusions. The word count for such articles should not exceed 1800 words in any case. Only 3 figures are allowed. The related figures can be grouped together in case multiple figures are necessary to be shown. Please see the Instructions to Authors for more details.
Preliminary findings of a research which is urgent in nature with respect to the implications on Public Health can be published in this section after peer review. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details.
Minimal Access Surgery
Manuscripts on minimally invasive approach/minimal access approach will be published in this category. The manuscripts of various categories like original article, Systematic reviews/meta-analysis, narrative reviews, new techniques, case reports, etc. can be submitted in this section. Kindly follow submission/authors guidelines for each category as shown on submission page of the journal.
Case studies of 1-3 cases will be published under this category after peer review. For a single case based report, the word count should not exceed 1000 words excluding references (should not be more than 10). For 2 or 3 cases based report, the word count can be increased up to 1500 words. Not more than 3 figures are allowed in any case. The related figures can be grouped together in case multiple figures are necessary to be shown. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details.
A brief account of clinical significance (brief case reports/case letters) will be published under this category after peer review. These manuscripts do not need any abstract. The main body of text can be divided into the following headings; Case presentation (brief and to the point, 1para), Discussion (brief and targeted with literature support, 2-3para, case summary/conclusion in the last paragraph). The total word count should not exceed 500 words excluding references that should not be more than 5. Only 1-2 figures are allowed at the maximum. The related figures can be grouped in case multiple figures are necessary to be shown. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details. It will be peer-reviewed by two reviewers.
A clinical scenario with a clinical or radiological figure/s showing some important findings can be submitted in this category. The readers should be asked few questions regarding the finding on the figure/s. The authors should also describe answers, supported by literature, to the questions so that readers can judge their clinical acumen. The manuscript should not be more than 500 words with 1-2 figures and references not more than 5. This type of manuscript will be peer-reviewed by at least one reviewer. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details.
Letter to the Editor
Communication regarding concerns/queries on recently published articles in Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery can be submitted in this categorey. Authors' response to queries will also be encouraged. Please see Instructions to Authors for more details.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non commercial, Share alike License 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after publication as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Authors also confirmed that they have taken permission/consent for publication of this manuscript and of copyrighted material (if it is used in the manuscript).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.